Sunday, March 16, 2008

A much needed Saturday night out

We've been M.I.A. recently in the blogger world because there hasn't really been anything exciting to blog about. Work, bills, clogged bathtub drain, work, yada, yada. Things have been pretty boring. So last night we decided to have a night on the town with friends Liz and Bo Brown and Cookie and Allen Stoner.
-
We started with drinks at the Browns', who happen to be our next door neighbors. Then we headed off to Simp McGhee's restaurant for a late dinner. As always, it was divine! We even broke our diets and splurged on dessert. Finally, we wrapped up the evening with a little rock-n-roll at The Brick. It was a fun and much needed night out. Oh, and we were so excited to get out and about that we marked the occasion with a photo shoot. Following are a few shots from our fun evening.

Above: Liz, Cookie & me at the Browns' home before dinner

From left: Bo, Liz, Carl, Kate, Cookie & Allen at Simp McGhee's restaurant


Liz, me & Cookie enjoy dessert


me & the hubby after dinner at The Brick


In other exciting news, our dear friend Meredith Leach got engaged this weekend. We are so happy for her and can't wait to see her over the Easter weekend so we can celebrate.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I got my Ped egg at Martins. I have also heard they have it at Walgreens...it is GREAT!!!!

Cookiesto said...

I wish we had talked about necklace layering for our Saturday night out. I would have put some with my black dress. I love that look! I'm off to my jewelry box to put some necklaces together! Thanks for that post. I missed it in the Daily. (Also, tell Carl even though I KNOW he didn't take a bath Saturday night he looks fresh and clean!!!


Love you,
Cookie