Sunday, March 2, 2008

Team Central


I'm so proud of Carl and the other members of Central United Methodist's basketball team. Thursday night they were named city champ runners-up.


In the final game they challenged St. Paul's Lutheran Church, a very stacked team, and held their own until the final seconds of the game. If I'm not mistaken, I believe one of St. Paul's players was actually picked up by the Nuggets, an NBA team, mid season. Now, I'm not positive of the legitimacy of this story but it's the word on the church basketball circuit and makes for a good story so we're going with it.

I'm also proud to report that no technical fouls were called on anyone from either team. It was much more satisfying spending our $10 on a post-game margarita rather than on a technical fine.

Now I think the guys are getting geared up for softball season.


And to be a bit more braggadocios...the following photos are of my hubby during his days at Sardis High School. Carl received an array of awards and still holds a record or two that has yet to be broken.



And in separate but related news...Moms have to be great multi-taskers. During Central's game I watched in amazement as moms Ashley Collins and Marsha Taylor effortlessly 1) cheered on their husbands, 2) snapped photos of the game, 3) distributed healthy snacks to their two-year-olds, Abby and Dawson, 4) intercepted all snacks dropped on the gym floor before their tots could consume them, 5) entertained said tots with various toys and shiny objects, 6) wrangled them back to their seats each time they rushed the court attempting to join the team and help their dads, and 7) carried on an adult conversation...ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I was very impressed. I can barely apply mascara and drive at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice legs!