Monday, January 21, 2008

Here's to Another Great Year!

First, I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Jennie-Marie. Friday was her birthday...tomorrow is mine. So tonight we celebrated with the girls with dinner at Panera. It was my first time to dine there and it was delish! At first I panicked because they were out of bread bowls but I'm now glad they were. I tried some chicken/mozzarella/focaccia bread thing. It's my new favorite sandwich. I'm pretty sure I'll be back there tomorrow for a repeat.

But what was even MORE delish than the sandwich was my birthday gift from Carl. He gave it to me a day early and it is FABULOUS! He surprised me with a Mere bag. I've been wanting the "Two-Timer" but didn't expect to get one for my b'day. In case you're unfamiliar, Mere is my life-long, dear friend Meredith Leach. She's a fabulous interior designer in Washington D.C. and recently launched her first collection of handbags. The leather is butter-soft and the design is so inventive. (A small clutch attaches to the outside of the large tote so you have a smaller purse option for after work dinner or drinks. GENIUS!)

Check out my delicious new bag below. THANK YOU CARL...YOU'RE THE BEST!

Me with my fab. new Mere Bag

The "Two-Timer" in Caramel
The clutch that attaches to the exterior of the large tote

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday!!
Caroline

Marianna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!

Jennie-Marie said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! YOUR NEW MERE BAG IS B-E-A-UTIFUL! XOXO

Anonymous said...

If you think that fashion tape crap is good, you should try the newest and best product on the market at www.bugcatcherz.com.

Check it out, you'll love it more!