Thursday, August 28, 2008

If Your Pet Sheds, FURminate Him


I silently freaked out when Carl came home recently toting what I believed to be a much too expensive dog brush. I, of course, kept silent because all too often I arrive home toting one thing or another, none of which we really need, and Carl rarely scolds me.

Excitedly he began detailing his adventures at Pet Smart and started listing off all the advantages of owning this expensive piece of yellow and black plastic. He opened with its name, knowing I'd think it was cute and forget he just spent my microderm money on a dog brush. "It's the FURminator," he told me. Shoot, he knows me too well. The name is genious!

Fearing I wasn't completely convinced of the FURminator's magic, he ushered Buffett and me outside for a demonstration (or "FURmination"). The single rake down Buffett's back that produced an entire fist full of golden hair was all it took. I was a believer. And I still am!


Since its introduction into our lives the FURminator has reduced Buffett's shedding by about 80%. I no longer have to pick up random hairballs each time I pass through a room. How the brush works is a mystery to me, but I don't need to know the science behind it. It works. In fact, this little dog brush has already proved its worth far beyond the 24k pricetag it came with. Never again will I question (even silently) Carl's canine hairbrush purchases.

So, if your pet sheds run to Pet Smart and get a FURminator. It will be the best thing you'll ever spend your microderm money on.

(Actual results following a single FURmination session, photo courtesy of furminator.com)

2 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

I'm going to get one tomorrow... I'm so glad I realized that was not Buffett in the picuture. Way to go Carl

Unknown said...

although i have no "microderm $" set aside, i do have a mortgage to pay... i think i might have to start a furminator fund on the side though... think it could do anything about the ridiculous amount of hair I lose in my house?