Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Favorite Superheros

So, I was having one of those blah, uninspiring weekends...

Carl has a big test coming up so he was unavailable to entertain me. His nose was constantly stuck inside the pages of "The Complete Internal Revenue Code" and as enthralling as that title may sound it's not really my cup of tea. I was forced to amuse myself.

So there WE were: Blue Bell vanilla bean ice cream, DiGorno four cheese rising crust pizza, Sargento string cheese twisters, Jose Ole grilled chicken & three cheese quesadillas, Maizetos Fiesta Pack tortilla chips, Pace chunky salsa (medium), Rold Gold mini pretzel twists, and Me. Clearly, by Sunday evening I was feeling fat, greasy and guilty...but mostly fat.

In a moment of sheer desperation I frantically tried to decide whether it would be easier to exercise the calories off by alternating laps around Delano Park with sets on our Ab Lounge OR convince the weekend staff at Decatur General's ER to prescribe me a super laxative. (Could they surgically remove the food? Would my insurance cover it?) Instead, I decided to call on my favorite superheros for inspiration - Elle Woods and Cher Horowitz, the stars of "Legally Blonde" and "Clueless" respectively.

These ladies have it together. They're smart, funny, beautiful and know exactly what they want. Cher took a less-than-stellar report card situation and turned it into the chance to help her teachers, and eventually herself, find love. Elle handled getting dumped by her boyfriend with poise and grace - by getting into Harvard Law, winning the case and finding new, better love.

After my four hour movie marathon I felt refreshed, renewed and slightly less bloated. Elle inspired me to give myself a manicure and pedicure (OPI Second Honeymoon), and Cher, to exercise, finalize my outfit selections for the week and "do something good for humanity." My peace of mind was restored. Carl even glanced up from the pages of his textbook to compliment me on my nails!

No comments: