Friday, February 22, 2008

Absentee Blogger

Oh my goodness I haven't blogged in days! I do have a good excuse...I've been sick with whatever crud that's been going around. Yuck! Glad to be feeling (almost) back to normal. Anywho, there haven't been too many developments in the lives of the Cole family this week.

Thursday night Carl's basketball team, Central United Methodist, challenged First United Methodist and won! The teams squared off twice previously and First beat us both times. Well, Central was ready last night and we were victorious! Carl played great, racking up the points and playing fiercely on defense. I must say it was one of the most intense church-league games I've witnessed, as Carl almost lost an eye and members of both teams were badly scratched and bruised. Hopefully there will be no hard feelings...I mean it is church league! We did, however, learn that technical fouls cost $10 each.

Reminder: tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. is the Dianne Reeves concert at the Princess Theatre. Following the performance you'll have the opportunity to meet the Grammy-winning jazz vocalist at an artist reception held in the Sexton Lobby of the theatre. If you haven't already purchased tickets be sure to snap them up now. You can purchase them online or by calling the box office at 256.340.1778. We hope to see you there.

No comments: