Friday, February 29, 2008

Clown Shoes

Okay, I'm all about fashion forward designs but Prada's Spring 2008 shoe collection is just hideous.
-
The label has always been sophisticated, but with a slight edge and bohemian undertone. It was the successful marriage of a boardroom executive to a Stevie Nicks impersonator. What happened?
-
The '08 ready-to-wear collection makes their mark, but I can't even pretend to admire the footwear line...heck, I can barely scan over the hideous images on my computer screen. I mean, there's almost a Teva thing going on in more than one pair.
-
If you refer to page 30 of the March 3rd issue of Star magazine (in which I'm sure you all subscribe) you will see I am not alone in my condemnation of these shoes. Star puts Angie Harmon on the issue's worst dressed list. And what, may I ask, does she have on her feet?
-
Did MiuMiu have a full-on fashion meltdown? Are we rationing aesthetically pleasing designs in this time of war? I'm sure the quality and craftsmanship of the product is still superb. I bet their price tag is still solid gold. So what's the deal? I blame Bush for this. Somehow it's his fault.
-
Below is the disaster that is Prada Footwear, Spring 2008. Brace yourself!



1 comment:

Cookiesto said...

The shoe on the bottom right is purely Prada's desire to edge its way into the Orthopaedic market. I wore that same shoe when I sprained my ankle. I think the designer was someone named Dr. Scholl.

I knew I was being stylish!!!!

Cookie