Sunday, February 17, 2008

Exciting, Long Weekend

We've had a very exciting, long weekend! It started Thursday with Valentine's Day. I ate lunch with my pals Liz and Cookie at Backe Door Gourmet. Cookie surprised me with a valentine I've been lusting after...Laura Mercier Bare Beige Glace lipgloss. It's Cookie's signature shade and I've been wanting it for a while. I even scribbled the color down on a napkin and placed it in my planner for the week after Easter so I could purchase it as soon as I could shop again. She knew this and being the dear that she is, got one for me. Thanks Cookie! I'm so excited about it and have been applying it constantly!

That evening Carl took me out for a romantic dinner at our favorite local eatery, Simp McGhee's. Afterwards, we moved on to Cafe 113 for cosmos and to listen to the acoustic tunes of Tim Tucker. Tim is a great friend of ours who plays solo, as well as with his bands, Tim Tucker and the Uh Huhs and the Cheesebrokers. It was a special first Valentine's Day as a married couple.

Saturday evening Carl participated in a charity basketball game for Habitat for Humanity of Morgan County. Carl and several other locals (including friend and college basketball player, Ryan O'Dea) went head-to-head against the Harlem Ambassadors. It was quite a show. If you've ever been to a Globetrotters game it was very similar! Lots of acting, theatrics and games, little actual basketball play. While the Habitat Home Team didn't win, they sure put up a good fight! Following are a few photos from Carl's game.























And to wrap up our fun-filled weekend...TODAY IS OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! We brunched with my parents to celebrate and are basically spending the rest of the afternoon like we would any other Sunday...lazily. We do have our top layer of wedding cake that we'll enjoy with dinner. I'm voting for our favorite...pizza!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CARL! I LOVE YOU!
MEMORIES...

4 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

Happy Anniverary, I can't believe its already been a year! Love yall.

Marianna said...

We had fun Saturday, especially that awesome behind the back assist Ryan had to carl for 2! Happy anniversary!!!!

cacj said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Carl (dad), Carol, Caleb & Carrie

Cookiesto said...

Happy Anniversary Kate and Carl!

Love,
Cookie