Monday, February 11, 2008

The Ultimate Sacrifice

"It's been 7 hours and 16 days..." Well, not really but it feels like it!

Lent arrived last week with Ash Wednesday. I always try to give up something and this year it was shopping AND wine...two of my favorite things. This proves extra hard because our spring collections are pouring in to Carriage House daily and they are to die for! Normally when I can't shop I drown my sorrows in a glass of wine...and guess what, I can't do that either. Plus, our Frank Family chardonnay is getting low and I can't shop so I can't replenish the supply. I'm in a religious and moral cul-de-sac. What's a girl to do? Suck it up I suppose. So the count down begins until I can shop and drink wine again...I guess the shopping will be online so I can do both at the same time. Let me know if any of you sacrificed something for Lent. I'm totally interested in starting a support group!

P.S. just because I can't purchase the next hot-to-trot thing doesn't mean I won't be searching for it...so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Dave and Kassady Gibson said...

Good for you Mrs. Cole! I gave up all dark drinks for this Linten season...except for merlot!

Good luck with yours, and what is poor Carl going to do for dinner until easter?

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I admire your Lenten sacrifices. After two Carriage House trips in the past week I should re-think mine. I gave up NASCAR and dog-fighting! ha! I had fun today and I look forward to trying some of your finds. Unfortunately instead of starting with the hand sanitizers I want to start with the Mere bag! I really covet that bag!

Take Care-
Love you-
Cookie